Polestar Comprehensive Course,
Athens – October 2019
Master over 150 Pilates exercises across a full spectrum of apparatuses, including Reformer, Trapeze Table, Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector, Matt and Props.
The Polestar Pilates Comprehensive course is the most popular Polestar Pilates program and qualifies you to work as a fully accredited and highly respected Pilates Teacher anywhere in the world. Polestar is recognized in more than 50 countries and backed by the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA). Polestar graduates are proficient in the Pilates principles, movements, cueing and practice, across the entire Pilates repertoire.
Each student receives comprehensive didactic and theoretical review and practical training using Polestar’s unique clinical reasoning approach. The Polestar curriculum is based on a scientific foundation of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and motor control, and integrates scientific research findings in the areas of orthopedics, sports medicine and movement science. Once qualified, you will be equipped to teach a wide range of clients from beginners to advanced, including rehabilitation and high-performance athletes.
The series consists of six, two-day modules (weekends, 9am – 6pm) that allow you to evaluate the practical applications of Pilates exercises, develop assessment techniques, understand movement sequences, and modify exercises and programs for individuals.
|SR1||19 – 20 October||**||Posture and movement analysis, exercises Level 1|
|SR2||*||**||Polestar Pilates sequencing, exercises Level 1-2|
|SR3||*||**||Imagery – cuing using Images, case studies, exercises Level 2|
|SR4||*||**||Touch – tactile cuing, case studies, exercises Level 2-3|
|SR5||*||**||Communication – verbal cuing, training planning, case studies exercises Level 3|
|SR6||*||**||Aspects of energetic medicine, exam preparation, case studies, exercises Level 3|
*Details for exact dates will be announced soon.
**Educators will be announced soon.
- Identify the principles of biomechanics, kinesiology, motor learning and neuromuscular facilitation that will help in the process of critical reasoning.
- Designing training/treatment programmes aimed to problem-solve and meet client objectives.
- Understand the precautions and contra-indications of Pilates exercises.
- Program design and exercise sequencing.
- Verbal and tactile cueing combined with imagery to facilitate accurate execution of the movements.
- Practical application of the repertoire through the use of case studies.
- Exercise modifications for a variety of special populations.
- Fitness instructors, rehabilitation practitioners and other movement teachers (e.g. yoga or dance) who wish to teach Pilates using the apparatus in a typical equipment studio.
- Physical Therapists and Medical Professionals who wish to incorporate Pilates into their clinical practice.
- Career-changers with Pilates experience.
This course covers more than 150 of the original and evolved Pilates exercises as well as hundreds of variations and modifications.
The Polestar learning method is interactive for a deeper learning experience. Walk away from this course skilled at assessing the whole person; physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. Polestar is renowned for its knowledge-based approach that incorporates:
- Discussion forum.
- Labs (doing, observing, teaching).
- Problem solving (utilizing case studies and deductive reasoning).
- Hands-on teaching (group and individuals).
- Interactive online course material and revision resources.
- Assessment skills.
- Principles of neuro-linguistics (modeling, sequencing and structuring information, and maintaining appropriate learning states).
- Recognizing kinetic patterns.
Your participation in the Polestar Comprehensive Course requires the following:*
- You’re a qualified rehabilitation practitioner, Pilates mat teacher or fitness/movement professional.
- A basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- 25 hours of personal Pilates experience.
- Polestar Principles Course completed.
*If you do not meet the first prerequisite and consider Pilates as a new professional start, you must cover the next three ones.
Polestar Principles Course is a 10-hour online course with 8 segments. It’s a basic prerequisite for the Polestar Educational Courses and it costs 249 USD.
ATTENTION: For you to participate in“Polestar Principles Online Course” which is prerequisite for your participation in “Polestar Comprehensive Course, Athens” you must book to THIS site and we will inform you for the next steps.
POLESTAR PRINCIPLES INFO
Experience and apply the theories of movement that lay the foundation for Polestar Pilates in this prerequisite for all other Polestar courses. Using evidence-based research, you will discover the passage ways for movement throughout the body and develop the tools to provide either assistance for or challenge your clients in helping them achieve their goals.
Polestar Principles will bring to life your ability to assess, problem-solve, design and modify exercise programs to meet specific needs and abilities.
This is a 10-hour online course with 8 segments. Each segment will be available after the completion of the previous one. Quizzes, resources, and discussions qualify your learning as you go through the course.
- Principle 1: Breathing
- Principle 2: Axial Elongation & Core Control
- Principle 3: Spine Articulation
- Principle 4: Organization of the Head, Neck, and Shoulders
- Principle 5: Alignment & Weight Bearing of the Extremities
- Principle 6: Movement Integration
- Principles: Additional Resources
To graduate, you need to demonstrate your competence as a Polestar Pilates Instructor. This is a fundamental part of the training where you complete a log book, 40 hours of observation, 100 hours of self-mastery and 100 hours of apprentice teaching. The logbook is controlled by a mentor or instructor.
When you decide to take your exam and get certified is up to you, although we recommend that you sit your exam within two years of completing the course.
(contact us for more info)
- Bound manual
- Video library